Patients' Choice recognizes that Your privacy and the protection of Your Personal Information is important to you, and therefore, has adopted this Patients' ChoiceSM
account. The Patients' ChoiceSM
For the purposes of this Patients' ChoiceSM
To protect Your privacy, Patients' Choice does not associate Your website navigation activities to given Healthcare Providers and/or medical conditions, and excludes from the Personal Information certain information that otherwise would be Personal Information. This "Excluded Information" is information that (i) is obtained via Your queries, searches or other interaction with Patients' Choice, and (ii) relates to Healthcare Providers and/or medical conditions. The Excluded Information, however, may be used for the purpose of generating "Aggregated Non-Personal Information," as described below.
Aggregated Non-Personal Information is information about some or all of the users of Patients' Choice, but unlike the Personal Information, does not reflect or reference an individually identifiable user. The Aggregated Non-Personal Information may be formed from the Personal or Excluded Information, but any of the Personal or Excluded Information used to form the Aggregated Non-Personal Information has been processed to no longer reflect or reference an individually identifiable user.
HOW WE OBTAIN THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Patients' Choice (or "we") may obtain, collect, retain, store or otherwise maintain the Personal Information from the following sources. If you decline to submit Personal Information, Patients' Choice may not be able to or may choose not to provide to You some or all of our Products and Services.
Information You provide to Patients' Choice.com
. This information may include, for example, information provided to Patients' Choice via a Patients' ChoiceSM
account assigned to You and other User Communications, as described in more detail below.
Information recorded via interaction with Patients' Choice
- Patients' ChoiceSM account - You need a Patients' ChoiceSM account to access our Products and Services. When You sign up for a Patients' ChoiceSM account, we request from You Personal Information, such as your name, email or other address and an account password that is used to protect Your Patients' ChoiceSM account from unauthorized access. Patients' Choice stores, processes and maintains Your Personal Information and other data related to Your Patients' ChoiceSM account to provide our Products and Services to You. For certain services, we may request credit card or other payment account information, which is maintained in encrypted form on secure servers.
- Contact Information - Patients' Choice may request or require contact and other personal identifying information, such as your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address. Your contact information may be used by Patients' Choice to create a personalized experience and for internal business purposes. We do not share your contact information with other third parties, without your consent, except to a court or governmental agency if required by law. In addition, we do not currently rent, license, or sell contact information to any third party.
- Other Account Information: Some of the Patients' Choice applications allows you to store health information such as your doctors, health professionals, health facilities, hospitals, pharmacies, insurance information, emergency contact information, and custom personal health information and relate contact information. We do not share your account information with other third parties, without your consent, except to a court or governmental agency if required by law. In addition, we do not currently rent, license, or sell contact information to any third party.
. This information may include, for example server-log information, which is automatically recorded by our servers from an exchange between Your browser and our servers whenever You access, browse, or use Patients' Choice.
Information Patients' Choice provides to You.
- Server log information. The server-log information may include information such as (i) account activity, including storage usage, number of log-ins, data displayed or selected, including user interface or "UI" elements, links, etc; and (ii) your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, date and time of access, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, cookie identification, referrer Uniform Resource Locator, etc. Please note the following with respect tocookies.
This information may include, for example, information provided to You from Patients' Choice via Patients' Choice-initiated communications. These Patients' Choice-initiated communications, which may be in the form of paper mail, email or other electronic communications, are communications sent to You by Patients' Choice, and can include communications that contain information related to Your Patients' ChoiceSM
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Patients' Choice only uses the Personal Information for the purposes described in this Patients' ChoiceSM
- providing the Products and Services to users, including the processing, formatting and displaying of the Personal information and customized content;
- auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- ensuring the technical functioning of our network, including creating and maintaining back ups or other archival copies of the Personal information and other related data; and/or
- developing new services.
In addition to using the personal information that we track for internal purposes in the manner described here, this information may also, on an aggregate basis, be shared with and used by third parties with which we have contracted (e.g., our third-party content providers and licensees of Patients' Choice' services). Furthermore, in addition to Patients' Choice providing its own advertising,Patients' Choice uses third-party advertising companies and networks to serve ads when you visit our site. These companies and networks include, among others, third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors, and research firms.
These companies and networks may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to our site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to the Sites, our ad networks may place or recognize a unique "cookie" on your browser or use a "web beacon." An example of such ad network is Google, Inc. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by Google, Click here
. If you would like more information about not having this information used by other companies, please Click here
. Patients' Choice may allow certain Patients' Choice affiliates to include web beacons within pages served by Patients' Choice. These affiliates aggregate information about our advertising and provide auditing, research and reporting for our advertisers.
If we propose to use the Personal Information for any purposes other than those described in this section or any other section of this Patients' ChoiceSM
Patients' Choice is not a "covered entity" under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and the regulations promulgated thereunder ("HIPAA"). Although Patients' Choice is not covered by HIPAA, we are committed to user privacy and have in place strict data security policies and measures, and ensure that users control access to their information. We let users know what information we collect when they use Patients' Choice.com, how we use it, and how we keep it safe.
Links and Co-Branded Sites:
INFORMATION SHARING AND ONWARD TRANSFER
Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, we reserve the right to sell, rent or otherwise share some or all of Your Personal Information with other companies or individuals outside of Patients' Choice when:
- we have your consent (which, except for Sensitive Personal Information, shall be deemed given unless You have opted out; for Sensitive Personal Information, we require opt-in consent); and/or
We may share with others certain pieces of Aggregated Non-Personal Information. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of Personal Information.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to Personal Information to employees, contractors and agents of Patients' Choice who need to know that the Personal Information to operate, develop and/or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Patients' Choice processes the Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Patients' ChoiceSM
ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except as required by the User Agreement, You may change the settings of Your Patients' ChoiceSM
account via the "settings" section of such account. You may organize or delete certain information through such settings or, alternately, terminate Your Patients' ChoiceSM
account. Such deletions or terminations will take immediate effect. Residual copies of the deleted information and/or terminated Patients' ChoiceSM
account may take up to 60 days to be deleted from active servers and may remain in perpetuity in backup systems.
When you use our Products and Services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. Where applicable, we ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our Products and Services have different procedures to access, correct or delete Your Personal Information. Please contact us for the details for these procedures
Patients' Choice regularly reviews its compliance with this Patients' ChoiceSM
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Please note that this Patients' ChoiceSM
Attn: Legal Department
1200 Wall Street West, 5th
Lyndhurst, NJ 07071
Patients' Choice adheres to the US safe harbor privacy principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement. For more information about the Safe Harbor framework, see the Department of Commerce's web site